Dr. Florencio Monje
Topic of Presentation
TMJ Arthroscopy: from simple to complex
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Extremadura.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Madrid
- MIR residency in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service of the Hospital de La Princesa in Madrid, Spain.
- Scholarships for further study in Zurich (Switzerland), UCLA_Los Angeles (USA), San Diego (USA), Rochester (USA) and Antwerp (Belgium).
- Tenured professor at the Faculty of Medicine of Badajoz. University of Extremadura.
- Author of several books and book chapters in the specialty, including "Advanced Implant Surgery", "Diagnosis and treatment of Temporomandibular Joint Pathology", "Goya's Painting and Dentofacial Deformities". Temporomandibular Joint Pathology: Arthroscopy and Open Surgical Treatment” or “The sick face. 50 universal paints to understand facial diseases”
- Head of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Service of the Infanta Cristina Hospital in Badajoz. (1996-2019)
- Director of CICOM (Center for Implantology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) of Badajoz
- President of FEDICOM (Foundation for the Study and Development of Implantology, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery)
- President of the European Society for Temporomandibular Joint Surgery in 2013-2014.
- Academic of the Royal Academy of Medicine of Extremadura